Jay's RP-zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

its a roleplay forum. I'm just using it for myself and friends mostly.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DDo-based RP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 6:22 pm

"I shouldn't be too difficult to find; I hope." Arynna steps lightly through the shallow water, and in to the next semi-chamber along the hall. Before approaching the center, Arynna gives a cursory examination of her surroundings. She finds no other runes on the walls, and cannot hear anything that might give away the location of any sort of mechanism. All Arynna hears is the hum of power from the levers shield and her own feet quietly splashing in the water as she steps. She keeps her rapier in hand at her side, pointed at the ground.

"Come here Everin. I think it would be safer to approach the lever with you nearby. The rune shouldn't activate itself; I've never heard of such a thing happening."
Back to top Go down
https://jhappy-place.canadian-forum.com
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:13 pm

"I'll be over there in a moment Arynna!" Everin responds as he slowly steps into the water. He keeps a tight grip of his arms still very much wary of his surroundings. The small splashes and clangs caused by his greaves hitting the water and stone underneath create an eerie sound all around the room.

Everin slowly approaches Arynna's position, allowing very little of his armor to get wet. After all, the weight of the metal wouldn't allow him otherwise. As he comes closer he rests his guard and asks "Think there's any runes governing the forcefield specifically?" as he takes his notes from his bag once more to see if he can find anything.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:21 pm

"There are no more runes Everin... Unless they are hidden behind stone panels, which I very much doubt." Arynna rubs the exposed forearm of her rapier-wielding arm in though. "I don't see anything out of the ordinary here, besides that lever."

She starts light-stepping towards the end of the hallway. "We approach, carefully."
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 5:48 pm

Everin silently agrees as he walks next to her. He too takes care in his movement, but his armor has him quickly following behin in Arynna's footsteps as his own movement could jeopardize them.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Arynna makes one more cautious step. As she does she feels a twitch, almost a spark of arcane power pass through the air. In the 5 foot wide and deep pocket that holds the lever, two stone panels on opposite sides of the lever, crack open to shatter upon the floor. Two skeletons step out from the hidden pockets, each armed with a bow and a quiver of arrows.

Arynna stands dumbfounded, looking left and right. The collumns are too far back now to hide behind, and rushing the skeletons would result in unavoidable injury. Her mind is in a panick, and she stops moving, standing still out in the open.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:07 am

Everin quickly jumps on the defence, pulling Arynna back behind him to create some space between them and the skeletons. "Get your act together Arynna, I can beat these but I need you to be ready if there are any more." he says on a low, concentrated tone. His wary attitude had paid off, but while two skeletons posed little challenge, if any more poured in he would need Arynna to cover his back. He wasn't, by far, experienced enough as a paladin to fight off hordes of undead with the ease some of his elders would, save for the fact he could not suffer to be in their presence.

He raises his shield to block the two arrows shot by the skeletons. With his shield protecting him, he ducks his head behind it and bull rushes the skeletons. He slams in to one skeleton, knocking it over and freeing a few of it's bones from its body. Everin stabs his sword down, piercing through the skeletons eye-socket and ending it's animating magic.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:41 pm

Arynna snaps out of her daze when Everin pulls her back and shields her. When he charges forward, Arynna follows behind, holding her Rapier at the ready. While he dispatches the skeleton on the right, Arynna squares off with the one to the left.

She circles her rapier in a graceful parry, knocking the skeletons bow away from its feeble grasp. The bow lands in the shallow water with a soft splash. Her riposte comes in fast, she stabs straight through the skeletons ribs while it's defenceless. Even though her piercing weapon did not make much contact with the skeletons bones, it's enchantment still activated. Another burst of arcane energy comes from the weapons tip, sending bone chips through the air and leaving a gaping hole of broken bone. The skeleton falls apart in to a heap, it's magic ended as well.

The death of the two skeletal archers causes a feedback to the lever, removing it's protective arcane shield.

With a heavy sigh and a smile, Arynna pulls down on the lever. Iron scraping against steel echoes through the halls, coming from the library chamber.

Arynna smiles wide again, clapping Everin on the shoulder. "Let's go find Fallowmir" she says, to which Everin agrees with an eager nod. Eager to be done with this decrepit and unholy place.

Everin trails behind Arynna as she leads the way out of the hallway. As they reach the stairs that lead to the hallway just before the library chamber, they both spot a very obvious sickly green glow coming from around the corner to the right.
Back to top Go down
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 8:16 pm

Frey and Suzanna were waiting for this this group of adventurers to return, her bulky muscular body, in thin chain mail, and ponytailed black hair nearly blocking the view of her companion, and an curvy hour-glass like looking girl, with dark red hair, long and flowing, named Suzanna. The girls were in a partnership, but it appears Frey was boss, as she forced Suzanna on her hands and knees, and sat on her back. "Where at" she grumbled in a deepish, serious-like group.
Suzanna was straining to hold her up, but you could pick out that her outfit was a skinny black top, cut at the upper cleavage and a tight, leggings like thing, which if angeled properly, and some men in the bar decided to angle so, can see its transparency. , with a few knives in the sides. Frey herself two axes, criss-cross style, on her back, ready to be taken out at a moment's notice. Suzanna looked at them, red faced from the weight.
"You're soo fat..." in a tired, squeaky tone and collapsed under her partner's weight, who continued sitting.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 8:32 pm

The butt of an ash-grey staff lightly taps the large woman's lower back three times. Dorn'ja the Sorcerer says in his always gruff, gravely voice "I do believe that chairs make for better chairs than the back of an elf." Dorn'ja takes a step back, planting his gnarled staff on the ground. He stands tall for a human at 6' 3" with a lean frame. It would be impossible to guess at his physique, as they are hidden underneath thick robes that look stuck between a monk and a sorcerer's. They're coloured grey and red, with white trimmings. He has swept-back black hair, and a neat beard that covers all of his lower face.

Last edited by Jay on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 8:35 pm

She turned around and looked at it, Suzanna standing up.
Frey stared at him, with a angry pissed off, red face.
"Quiet"
Suzanna mouthed a thankyou, but she was gonna help her partner in a fight.
"My partner says she'll err...hurt you" Suzanna explained thoroughly.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 8:53 pm

"I wonder why a woman would come to a tavern of all places for quite..." Dorn'ja muses aloud, rubbing at his bristly beard. He shrugs, figuring it's a question that's best left unanswered.

"I've not seen you in Stormreach before. I'm likely not the first to say it, but welcome to Stormreach, our lovely troubled tropical paradise." He gives a short bow. "I'd be honored to buy two fine ladies a drink" he says, winking very obviously at the Frey.
Back to top Go down
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 8:55 pm

Suzanna and Frey looked at eachother...they could agree on one thing...they were poor, between Frey's agressive driving off customers, and Suzanna's petitness, they couldn't do anything for cash.
The duo nodded happily, but Frey looking angry.
Suzanna went up with him, smiling.
"Frey said she'll wait at the table, sir."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 8:58 pm

Dorn'ja smiles at Suzanna. Then he turns on his heel quickly, his robes billowing slightly around him. He strides off to the bar and orders three drinks.

He carries two of them in his hands, while the other floats just in front of him, suspended by a telekinesis spell. He puts the drinks on to the table. For the large woman, he brought a large flagon of strong ale. For the little elf, he brought her wine. He sits down with his own drink, a bottle of whiskey. "So, care to tell me your names? I'm Dorn'ja Balyor. Some of the people more prone to idolizing others call me The Ash monk." He shrugs, smiling it off.
Back to top Go down
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:03 pm

Suzanna opened her mouth, but Frey cut in front. "Frey Suzanna" She said, pointing at the individuals of each names. "Ass monk" Frey chuckled, taking a large swig of her ale.
Suzanna smiled, and took a plesent sip. "Mind her...she is...uncourtuous, no natural beauty, nothing"
"But why do they call you the Ash monk?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:07 pm

"Oh it's simple! I trained with a school of monks for most of my life so far. During one of the enlightenment meditations, I found something about myself." He takes a long draw from his bottle. "I'm a sorcerer. You know, they are like wizards except they get their magic from their blood and soul, not from training."

He leans back, a devilish grin spreading on his face. "I had an affinity for fire. In those early days of discovery I burned quite a few things by accident. Ah, there had never been so much ash at the monk school. Of course, they forgave me as long as I punished myself for my mistakes."

Dorn'ja clears his throat. "Where are my manners? A man isn't meant to talk about himself before a lady does."
Back to top Go down
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Suzanna smiled. "Oh that was interesting"
"Well, I was grown to work at  a tavern, but adventuring is more fun."
"Frey overhere is just...ask her about past and she axes the table." Suzanna admitted, giggling.
Frey confirmed by slamming an axe in the table, there was ale all over her face.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Dorn'ja wipes a drop of ale that landed on his face away. "I see... You may want to stop her from... axing the table again. I rather like the tavernkeeper, and would want it to stay that way." He crosses his arms, mildly amused.
"What brings you to Stormreach? Since you've come to the poor tavern, I can assume you're after coin."
Back to top Go down
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Frey muttered. "Gold"
Suzanna corrected. "Work and gold...we are err poor...and I don't feel like becoming a whore for money, its distasteful."
"I can take the abuse of my partner over being abused by some man"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:28 pm

Dorn'ja nods. "No woman wants to be a whore."
"There is plenty of work to find, if you know where to find it." He takes another long drink from his bottle. "Some charitable monk I would be, if I didn't help two ladies on their way."
Back to top Go down
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:29 pm

"Ahh, but do you have work for us?"
Suzanna asked, inwhich Frey nodded in agreement. "and a room to stay in?" She admitted.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 pm

"I do have a room, yes... I also know that if you want work, you can ask Harbormaster Zin. He has a lot of work that needs done, and I'm sure two capable women can handle it."

He leans back on his chair, thinking for a short moment. "You'll have to hurry though. There's another band of adventurers doing work for Zin. And they're making quite a name for themselves..."
Back to top Go down
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:42 pm

By the time he finished the Harbormaster Zin sentance, Frey had picked Suzanna up and is dragging her out the door. "Where he?" Frey grumbled out, ready to go.
Suzanna wasn't even squirming, she was used to this.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:53 pm

"He can be found in the docks most likely. Atop of a pile of crates, ordering everyone around. He's the loudest halfling you'll ever meet."

(replying ahead of time for when they leave.)
Dorn'ja watches them leave with passive amusement. "Outsiders, such strange people" he says, polishing off the bottle of whiskey.
Back to top Go down
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:54 pm

Frey looked around the docks, and once she found Harbormaster Zin, she walked over to him, and growled. "Quest, gimme"
Suzanna was just sighing.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:10 pm

The plucky looking halfling, dressed in fancy sailors clothes and a tricorn hat with a brim that's far too wide looks down at the massive woman. "Straight to the point, I like that!" he says with a commanding voice that sounds like it should have come from some great general. "I like to take good care of the people I hire to do these dangerous jobs, I'll have you know. I'm going to get ye' to help out another group of fellows that are doing the same work you're after."
He points up at the tavern they just came from. "They often use that tavern. Keep an eye out fer' an armored fellow who looks like a noble named Everin, and a lass with dark skin in a corset named Arynna."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DDo-based RP
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jay's RP-zone :: Roleplay-
Jump to: