its a roleplay forum. I'm just using it for myself and friends mostly.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

DDo-based RP

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 8:47 am

"I already said I was fine with doing it." Arynna says with a roll of her eyes. She crosses her arms tight against her chest, and sighs heavily with her eyes closed. After her very short moment of though, she asks Dalsamira "How will we find your book?"

"Oh yes! Thank you for reminding me..." Dalsamira mutters while she reaches in to a back pocket. She takes out a piece of parchment and unrolls it for Arynna. It has a drawing of the tome's front-cover and spine. Both have the very distinct symbol of a staff and sword, crossed together to make a +. Arynna takes the parchment, studying it for a little while longer before rolling it up and putting it down her cleavage.

"I do not have much experience in having adventurers go on... adventures for me" Dalsamira admits with a laugh at an attempt of levity.
"It's fine, really. You've told us what we need to do." Arynna smiles to reassure her. "We're off then" she says with a nod. Dalsamira starts to leave the lighthouse island, leaving Everin and Arynna alone infront of the private libraries door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jhappy-place.canadian-forum.com
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 11:49 am

"Well, may the host be with us" Everin says hesistantly as he steps up to the door. He takes a deep breath and knocks on the door awaiting a response from the other side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 12:17 pm

An eyehole on the door slides open, from where a kind-faced man looks through. "Here to visit?" he asks quickly. He looks kind, but he speaks almost mechanically and quickly. His unsurprised tone comes from this very situation happening many times a day; strangers come up to his home after hearing rumors about a library and ask to visit.

Standing beside Everin, Arynna nods and smiles with very well-faked eagerness. If she can feign actual interest in his collection, there will be less suspicion. And she has after all, had a lot of experience in faking interest in things she has no care for. Listening to drunks in a tavern and nobles pouring their heart out when they ask for a song gave her a lot of practice.

The young man, presumably Fallowmir closes the peek-hole. "Please wait, I am not decent."

When Arynna hears him walking away, she lets herself giggle. "I expected something different from a Librarian.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:32 pm

"He's... Clearly not prepared himself for visitors, that much is for certain." Everin responds, left slightly anxious. He waits silently and slightly alarmed, wanting to get in to investigate if any of the rumors were true. Not only that, but Everin was looking forward to seeing this through to ensure he could make use of the library in peace afterwards. He had after all visited it several times as a young boy and was looking forward to browse through it's contents again and take a look at the many tomes stored away inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 6:43 pm

After a few moments, Fallowmir opens the door. He's a man of average height with close-cut black hair, dressed in a plain grey robe. It's only adornment is a silver brooch with a lighthouse design. Fallowmir opens the door and steps aside for them, extending his arm to gesture them in. "Apologies for the delay. Welcome to the Fallowcrest library and lighthouse; my families home, job and collection. I do not have to ask which a pair of strangers, even ones like yourself..." he says, looking at Arynna when he says the last line "Have come here."

Arynna enters his greeting room, ignoring the implied insult about her appearance and it's relation to intelligence. The room is fair-sized and well lit, containing a few benches and several coat racks. A single door goes further in to the building. There are two stair-cases on opposite sides of the room. One goes to presumably a cellar below, and the other to the actual lighthouse structures.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Everin follows after, walking into the hall and standing still near one of the benches. He looks back at Fallowmir and gives him a nod in appreciation. "You have my thanks and those of house d'Ariad. I hope we can take our time to read into your wonderful collection. It is a unique one in Stormreach, I'm certain." Everin says much calmer than before, his eyes still scanning the room as he tries to discern any of the details in it's architecture and decoration.

It doesn't take him much longer to be walking about, inspecting what are seemingly mundane objects but cause a strange appreciation in Everin who seems to feel right at home. He walks back over to Arynna and Fallowmir, a more confident smile spanning the width of his face than he had before entering the lighthouse and eager to enter the library. "May we proceed, then?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 9:50 am

Fallowmir looks bored by the Paladin. "Yes... Come now, to the basement. Long ago my family repurposed it, turning it in to a place to store books. We Fallowcrests are known for being rather skilled in magic" he explains while leading them in to the basement. The architecture of it is more reminiscent of Old Stormreach, with harsher angles, grand scale and design, and made primarily out of unyielding grey stone. The air of the basement is cool and dry; something unlike basements should be. Magic must be at work here in order to keep the air in the right condition so it won't harm the books. The library he leads them to isn't terribly impressive when it comes to the volume of books he has. From the number of shelves in the cold stone room, it can be assumed that there is somewhere around 500 books stored within.

"I am sure you have heard, the value of my families collection doesn't come from the amount of books, rather their quality of knowledge, and quality of their state."

The library room is preceded by a large atrium with more benches, and long tables with chairs for people to sit at and read. The library has one entrance; an archway that leads to the reading room, and two side doors that are closed.

"I will leave you two to your reading now..." He says, eying Everin's plate armor get up, sword and shield. He mutters to himself as he walks away, leaving them alone in the library.

Arynna looks over her shoulder a few moments later to find Fallowmir gone, back up the stairs. "It shouldn't be too hard to search, should it?" she asks hopefully. She fishes her hand in between her cleavage, pulling out the rolled-up parchment. She gives it to Everin so he can examine it closer. Arynna starts to scan a shelf near the back of the room, trying to find the crest on the books spine that will tell it as Dalsamira's tome. Often during her search, her eyes dart to designs on the wall; statuesque, flat heads of men roaring set on the walls. Something about them unnerves her... Maybe she should leave the book-searching to Everin.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 11:33 am

Everin has already thrown himself on one of the bookshelves, moving his fingers past the well preserved soft leather spines and only barely paying attention to Arynna. "No... Not too hard, no." he responds offhandedly, smiling at the great assortment of books stored put away down here. He walks around the room, reading the spines and ocasionally standing still to take a better look at some specific books he finds.

Eventually as he circulates the room, he ends up right next to Arynna and while browsing the shelves asks "So we were looking for... Some book with a stave and sword crest on the front... ?" He takes hold of the parchment once more and scans it while taking quick peeks at the bookshelves. He raises his finger to his temple and closes his eyes in thought, still holding onto the piece of parchment and softly says to Arynna "I... Think I know where it is." before turning around and quickly walking to one of the shelves, crouching and taking one of the books off of the shelves with little hesitation. "Right, found it Arynna!" he calls over at her triumphantly as he holds the book high up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 1:40 pm

As he shows is pride over finding the book, a massive portcullis comes crashing down, closing the archway exit from the library, sealing them in.

Fallowmir's voice comes from everywhere at once in the room by some magic, mocking the two. "You fools! How stupid do you think me to be? My traps will end you!"

Just then, the several screaming faces on the walls actually do begin to scream, shooting jets of flame from their mouths. Where Everin and Arynna stand, they are in no immediate danger of being burned. The jets are positioned to block the two side doors, and create a horizontal web of flames around the portcullis.
"Damn, I knew something was wrong with them!" Arynna curses. Now she starts her own search, groping around the stone walls and pillars in the room, trying to find a mechanism she can tamper with that will disable the flame traps. It most likely isn't actually needed to get through them; the jets have a rhythm. They fire for 5 seconds, then stop and have a three second delay before they can spray again.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 2:17 pm

Everin pushes himself in a corner, grabbing for his shield and raising it to defend himself from any further suprises. "Forget what I said about being badly prepared. Think you know how to disable these?" he asks Arynna as he takes a good look around the room for any clues. With his armor to protect him he takes his longswords and slowly advances in an attempt to find a safe exit. He takes advantage of the 5 second intervals, but in doing so makes sure to raise his shield in protection in case his timing is off. "Or... Can I help? I think I can hold off these flames for you if I need to."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 2:58 pm

"No, no it's fine." She's given up on searching on walls and pillars, and is now crawling low to the ground, trying to find something hidden in the floor. Her fingers find a stone panel in a floor design that isn't bonded with the floor. She carefully removes the stone panel, finding herself looking down at what she wanted to find; the trap's emergency shut-off mechanism. Arynna smiles and gets to work.

She takes out a few picks, a small pair of cutters and a pair of tweezers from a tool kit on her belt. Arynna is on the floor, on her arms and knees, leaning over the mechanism. While she works, carefully disabling the traps, her rear end sways back and forth and she hums to herself.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 10:51 am

Everin stands waiting next to Arynna, making sure the room is safe and scanning it at a constant rate in order not to be suprised. Confident very little else will be coming their way, Everin looks down at Arynna to see how her tinkering is progressing. He tries to lean over a bit, but his sight is mostly occupied by Arynna's bottom which happily sways about, her curves being exemplified as the clothing pulls around it in the swaying motions. "You're... Doing alright down... There?" Everin asks, still ignorant of Arynna's handiwork in contrast to the rest of her body which he has full sight of. He lowers his shield to his side as he tries to bend over a bit more to see what she's working on and in doing so places his leg much closer to Arynna's swaying bottom than he is aware of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 11:11 am

"I'm doing alright!" Arynna looks behind herself, catching Everin looking at her butt. "How long are you going t' stare at my rear?" she laughs. "You ought to watch the fire, instead of my ass." With a few more prods from her tools, she hears a faint click from the mechanism. She sits up on her knees, just as the fire traps start to die down. Their flame jets weaken quickly, then stop all together. "I knew I could still do it!" she giggles and raises her fist proudly.

Arynna gets back up on her feet and puts the tools away. "It shooould be safe to pass through now. We can try to find a lever or somethin' to open these doors" Arynna thinks aloud. She walks over to the door on the right. The stone around the door has been blackened from the heat. Surprisingly, none of the books were harmed, either by magical protection or Fallowmir being careful about his trap placement.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 11:47 am

As she walks to the door Everin responds "I... wasn't looking at your bottom... Intentionally." after which he starts to slowly walk over aswell, looking all about the place. "So... A lever you said?" he asks, sheathing his sword and walking past, still investigating the room for any sign of a trigger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 11:52 am

"Yes, a lever..." Arynna says, starting to search the wall by the door, figuring that perhaps there is a hidden box inside, or some sort of pressure plate. "Oh but I know why ye' were looking and that you meant to look! My rear end can make men do strange things" she jokes with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:14 am

"I'm... Certain it does." Everin responds as he continues to look about the room. However, as he walks about there's a bookcase with a fairly interesting collection which instantly catches Everin's attention. He heads over, crouches and picks one of the books after which he moves over the wall next to the bookcase. He opens the book and leans against the wall, but aside from the sound of his armor clanking against stone a feint click, followed by the sound of grinding metal. The door opens slowly and the passage behind it is revealed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:43 am

"Ah!" Arynna peers through the stone door as it raises up. She does not want to be caught off-guard by any more traps, so Arynna picks her steps carefully, gingerly testing every stone on the floor before putting her full weight on it.
The hallway is wide enough to fit 6 people shoulder-to-shoulder, and follows the same design as the rest of the cellar. This area of it though, is less well kept, with cob-webs growing unchecked, and dust going unswept. Half-way down the 20-foot long hallway, sits two strange metal rings, almost like a well. The end of the hallway branches off in to two more halls.

"Please watch your step and what is in front of you, rather than watching my ass!" Arynna taunts, as she makes slow progress along the hall. Deciding that it would be safer, Arynna takes her Rapier out of it's sheath, holding it in front of herself as she walks.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 8:53 am

"H-honestly! I won't be looking at your... Bottom." Everin says, his head starting to blush as he follows behind Arynna, cautiously looking around with a casually raised shield. He draws his weapon aswell as the two start nearing the end of the hallway. With his gaze focused on the hallway ahead as they near the door he remarks "I'm sure this will get messy, but I really hope this isn't going to get as dire as I expect it to be." after which he heightens his guard and walks towards to Arynna to guard her back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:52 am

The pair approach the metal wells. When they're several feet away from it, rattling noises come from both of the holes at the same time. The rattling of what sounds like bones come accompanied with the tell-tale drone of the undead.

From each of the holes, a skeleton crawls its way out. Their undeath acts as no impediment to how quickly they can move, and it a matter of moments after they reveal themselves, they stand on the hallway floor. The skeletons pull their weapon from a sheathe made of their own bones; taking a sword that was pierced through their ribcage in to their hands.

They shamble towards Everin and Arynna.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:30 pm

Everin immediately heightens his guard, holding up his longsword and shield and firmly planting his feet on the ground. "Seems like we'll be rooting out a necromancer down here." Everin says as he slowly walks backwards to create some space between him and the undead. He appears visibly bothered as he looks towards the undead in disgust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 9:08 am

Arynna has no plan to take the defensive against a skeleton. After the short surprise of the arrival of the skeletons, Arynna takes her rapier in to a fighting stance. She lunges forward, taking a long step ahead and extending her sword-arm fully. Though normally a rapier would have nearly no effect against a skeleton, when Arynna's rapier strikes its shoulder the sword releases a magical burst. The tip of her sword creates a small blast of purple magics, one that blasts the skeletons shoulder apart, ruining it's arm and a good portion of it's chest.

The way that the necromantic magic works for these ones, after that much damage was sustained, the skeleton re-dies and falls down in to a heap. The only one remaining, is Everin's skeleton.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:18 am

With Arynna stepping in, Everin lunges in aswell striking the other skeleton with a mighty slash of his longsword. The impact has the skeleton stagger, but before it moves back in position to strike back, Everin bashes it to the ground with his shield and raises his longsword with an incantation. The sword glows with holy light and upon bringing it down to the ground shatters the bones of the skeleton whole, leaving only smoking shards of bone scattered around the floor, the explosion of light seemingly banishing and evaporating the dark force that had been animating the creature.

"From the looks of it, we'll be seeing alot more of these... May the host safeguard their souls." Everin says, dropping his guards and walking back to Arynna's side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 10:58 am

"Don't be so down about it!" Arynna says while putting her rapier away. She starts walking down the last ten feet remaining in the hall. "Let's try to be quicker about it. I'm sick of being underground all the bloody time."

Arynna doesn't bother with checking for traps for now. She's certain that this hallway is safe now, and the only dangers in it were the skeletons. The hallway branches off like a T, in to two shorter hallways.

The one to the right has a large pool of water at the bottom of a short staircase, and an iron portcullis blocking off a door. The lever to open the portcullis is in plain view. Little of the chamber beyond the portcullis is blocked from view. What can be seen, is more stone floor. Judging by the water pooling there, and before the portcullis, the entire chamber must be flooded in knee-deep water. Several rotting, bloated bodies float in the water.

The hallway to the left has a shorter staircase than the right. It has a stone door, with a lever beside it. The door has an ankle-deep basin infront of it, filled with water.

It would be impossible to go through either of the doors without getting wet. The right hallway looks much more threatening with dead floating bodies, and a flooded chamber.

Arynna hums, trying to decide which hall to take. "I think we should go left."
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:23 pm

Everin follows along with Arynna and scans the hallway too, frowning at the large amounts of dead bodies that littler the water. "I agree... Left." he says as he stares in distaste. He raises his sword and shield once more and carefully walks around. "Think those things are set up to awaken if we step into the water, Arynna? I wouldn't be suprised if they did after fighting those skeletons..."

Everin continues into the hallway but is hesistant to devote to stepping in before Arynna comes to follow along. "Just WHAT is that librarian doing down here?!". Everin raises his elbow to cover up his nose from the stench. He had been in crypts and sewers with Arynna, but compared to the smell of dead bodies floating around water even those could be considered clean, especially with his distaste towards anything dead and rotting the smell was amplified to a stench that rips apart his stomach and turns it upside down. Everin turns to face Arynna with a serious look on his face "I'll go in front, we'll advance on your mark."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:48 pm

Arynna laughs and rolls her eyes, walking out infront of him. Her confidance in herself knows no end. She walks down the short staircase on the left, and stands just before the basin with her hands on her hips.

She puts one hand up to stop Everin if he was about to walk in to the basin. "Stop. Do you hear that?" she asks, controlling her breathing to make it quieter. She's sure she just heard the sound of lightning striking stone.

"I heard it again" she exclaims, a few seconds later. "There might be lightning in the room beyond..." She says, looking down at the basin. She can't reach the lever from here without stepping in to it. Arynna won't take the risk of being electrocuted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DDo-based RP
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next