Jay's RP-zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

its a roleplay forum. I'm just using it for myself and friends mostly.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DDo-based RP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

DDo-based RP - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:12 am

"Realllyyy?"
"How can you live like that"
"ACtually...Frey is like that with her axes" She joked.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:17 am

The image of the creature slowly falling apart slightly sickens Everin, causing him to respond slowly to one of it's blows. He barely dodges it with the fist sliding past his shield, pushing Everin to the side. It's arm however seems to suffer from the impact of it's blow as more stitches snap loose and the skin that was keeping the arm together hangs down with some of the patches of meat falling on the floor with a dull sound.

Everin, having recovered his posture, strikes back by dealing the creature some critical blows, causing more of it's arm to fall apart. Arynna's strike had clearly weakened the creature's overall structure, but nevertheless is stands and fights, and while losing effectiveness it does little to hurt or fatigue the abomination in any way.

Last edited by Randozart on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:20 am

"I live through the understanding that everything in life is fleeting. One day, everything you owned could be lost. Better to live with only what you absolutely need, than get attached to truly meaningless possessions. Cherish your body and mind, and the people you know, over what you own."
Dorn'Ja crosses his arms and frowns. "I do not have a way with words like my masters do. My apologies. "

Arynna back-steps out of the way of a lumbering back-hand from the beast. Realizing that their attacks have no major effect, aside from making the flesh golem less dangerous, Arynna steps in close to it. She casts a spell of positive energy, a healing spell for the living, and a spell of harm to the undead. She puts her palm against the pallid flesh of the creatures side, and lets the magic flow through her. Beams of light cut the creature's side apart as effectively as any blade, but have the added benifit of searing it's dead flesh. For the first time, the flesh golem makes a sound aside from it's deathly wails, a horrid two-voiced roar of denial and agony.

Last edited by Jay on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://jhappy-place.canadian-forum.com
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:22 am

"Ehh, gold is fun to have" Suzanna admitted, ignoring his speech.
"So when are these people gonna get here ughhhh"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:31 am

"I cannot know that." Dorn'Ja says, reclining back in his chair. "Find something to occupy your time... try to keep Frey out of trouble." He shrugs, and closes his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:38 am

"Frey doesn't get into trouble, people get too scared of her"
She winked.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:40 am

Dorn'Ja doesn't notice the wink. He adopts a meditative pose on the chair.
Back to top Go down
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:43 am

Suzanna rested back in her chair, just counting her gold, and smiling.
Frey was sharpening her axes.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:52 am

With the creature now on the brink of collapse, Everin uses what is probably the last shred of divine power he has left do deal the killing blow. He readies his sword, and with the creature still in pain he lunges forward with a dimly lit blade and forces his sword to the side of the creature's neck, forcing the blade downwards and cutting cleanly through what could be considered the creature's vital organs. As the blade comes out, the flesh starts to fall apart and it's body collapses in on itself as the large chunks slide and rip apart and with a horryfying scream all the pieces fall to the ground leaving only a twitching, bleeding and gurgling pile of meat on the ground before them.
Back to top Go down
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 12:10 pm

(I nearly have as many posts as randy)
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Arynna stands back from the oozing pile, resisting the urge to vomit at the smell and sight. She covers her mouth and nose with a hand, and sheathes her rapier.

"Loot Fallowmir's body, try to find anything valuable." Arynna says. The curtain of darkness that once hid the flesh golem as been lifted with it's death, returning the hallway to it's usual dusty self. "I hope our pay will be worth it... and maybe something valuable from Fallowmir will insulate us."
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 12:46 pm

Everin nods in agreement, attempting to look away from the slain monster in disgust. He walks towards Fallowmir's body, sheathing his sword and kneeling down next to it. Before he starts to investigate he calls over to Arynna "We can agree we're NOT looting him, ok? No... Taking money and all that." With slight reluctance he starts to pat around his body, touching lightly and looking on the inside of his robes and pockets.

The librarian has two wands tucked away underneath his belt, both in a position quick to draw. Everin's over-zealous assault had left one of them damaged but not broken. As he finds himself being rather careful around Fallowmir's body he only barely spots the satchel he carries on his side, kept hidden by his robe and pressed against the floor by the weight of his leg. He slowly loosens it and takes it with both hands. It appears covered in blood, but as Everin opens it, the contents appear to be a large amount of notes which remain untainted. Everin can't help but pick out some of the notes and start reading them, trying to figure out what knowledge it may contain.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Much of the knowledge contained in the notes would be unsavory to anyone except for a Necromancer. Diagrams of bodies cut apart, fused together, descriptions of tests and experiments on dead bodies... all very unpleasant.

"Can we leave before I throw up?" Arynna asks, watching leaf through the notes. "Let's just take everything you found and get the hell out of here."
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 12:52 pm

"I... Think that would be best, yes." Everin says, somewhat disgruntled by the notes he's reading. He stands up, slowly as he continues through the notes and neatly stores them away in his bag before leaving, the horrific sights still fresh on his mind and silently walks along with Arynna.

He couldn't put the notes off of his mind though, as he harbored a burning curiousity to read them, but on the other hand felt disgusted by the mere idea of wanting to do so. And more importantly... Why the librarian meddled in such affairs.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:02 pm

The pair exit the private library, and find their contact, Dalsamira waiting outside. She stands with her back to the door, looking out over the harbor with her hands grasping each other behind her back.
Dalsamira faces them when she hears them approach. "By your expressions, things did not go well" she says, stating a fact rather than guessing.

Arynna nods. "Fallowmir is dead, but we could not find the missing people... Er, rather we did find them, but... They are dead. Fallowmir was performing dark experiments upon their bodies... I assume they were turned in to a flesh golem, which we destroyed."

Dalsamira looks shocked, for two reasons. "To think that necromancy was afoot! However, I am grateful that you found it out, and put a stop to it. Good work on destroying a flesh golem. Do you have my book?" she asks.

"Everin has your book... as well as some notes you might want documented. They seem to be regarding the creation of the Golem."
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Everin nods with a grim outlook on his face. "I'm... Sorry we had to bring such gruesome news." he says. He brings the book forth from his bag and offers it to Dalsamira.

"Here's the book, but, if... You wouldn't mind, I'd like to... Hold onto those notes. They're rather unnerving and I get the feeling I'll be needing them if anything like this pops up again." he continues with a low voice, devoid of any enthusiasm as the look in his eyes betray he's mostly in thought.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:14 pm

Dalsamira takes the book. "No. The notes will be mine. You're no wizard and that much is obvious. You will not understand what they contain." Dalsamira leaves no room for debate.

"I have to agree with her... They are better left in the hands of someone who can understand them."
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:22 pm

"As you wish then." Everin takes the notes from his bag and hands those to Dalsamira aswell. "May I ask though, what's in that book you asked us to get?" he asks curiously.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:24 pm

"It is none of your concern. Go speak to Zin, he will reward you for the task." With that said, Dalsamira casts a quick spell of recall, disappearing from sigh and teleporting herself back to her home.

"Right then... to Zin?" Arynna asks.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:31 pm

"We shall." Everin nods in agreement. He did remain bothered by Dalsamira's reluctance to share any information however. It was probably redundant to concern himself too much over something so minor though.

The two of them walk away from the dreaded lighthouse, leaving the door closed and probably up to the local guard to handle the rest and make way for Zin to report on their experiences and claim their reward.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Zin greets them with a wave from atop his pile of crates. "I trust that everything has been done?" Arynna nods her head. "Regretfully, we found out what was going on... I don't think I'll ever clean off the smell of rot from that place."

Zin frowns for a moment. "No matter, you have done what I asked." Zin opens a crate that sat on his pile, and kicked it over. The crate was mainly filled with straw, to protect the goods inside; four weapons. "Take your pick, one for each of you."

The four weapons are; Two bastard swords which are lightly enchanted and give a soft glow from their blade, a dwarven waraxe with the curious design of a caricatured face on it's blade, and finally a scimitar with the same enchantment of the bastard swords.

Last edited by Jay on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hugeboo322

Hugeboo322

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:39 pm

(back)
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:40 pm

(wb bby. we're just about to head to the tavern. )
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:47 pm

"These are curious looking weapons, and of fine craftsmanship aswell... Might I inquire on what they do? It would seem ill-advised to pick a clearly enchanted weapon without knowing what they might do." Everin asks the harbour-master. He closely inspects the weapons, trying to see if he can discern anything about them himself.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:50 pm

"The bastard swords and the scimitar are merely magical weapons. Emit light, sharpness enchantment... I've no idea about the axe."

Arynna takes her pick, the scimitar. Also inside the crate, was various sheathes for the weapons. She picks the one that fits with the scimitar. "Before we leave... You may want to send a team of men who've got strong stomachs down to the library to... clean it out. "

Zin quirks his eyebrow. "That messy eh? I'll see about it... eventually."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DDo-based RP
Page 8 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jay's RP-zone :: Roleplay-
Jump to: