Jay's RP-zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

its a roleplay forum. I'm just using it for myself and friends mostly.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DDo-based RP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Doing a DDo-based RP on here. An in-depth character sheet is not needed to join this roleplay, and there are no exact set classes. That doesn't mean your character can do everything from the start. Just tell me what your character would like to do (Cast arcane magic, heal, sword-play ect.) Example: my character, Arynna is a mixture of two standard classes. She's a bard, a class that employs some healing, utility magic, and sonic magics. She also has elements of a rogue in her. Trap-disabling, lock picking stealth and so on.

I will be the "DM" of sorts, but if you have an idea for a quest/ adventure let me know through PM, or start a topic in "General chit-chat" about your idea.

Unless express permission is given, you are not allowed to control NPC's that you don't "own." You can request to have an npc, or request to control some.

The RP will take place in the DDO setting, so the main city everyone is in will be Stormreach.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Maps of Stormreach (for reference)

http://ddo.mmodb.com/zones/ This website will help you visualize the zones and layout of places we might go to in the RP.

Harbor
http://www.mmodb.com/DB/zonemaps.php?game=ddo&zone=129&click=119,169:|{[NPC;82,418:0|{[NPC;187,282:0|{[NPC;179,282:0|{[NPC;111,264:0|{[NPC;127,354:0|{[NPC;121,395:|{[NPC;&ics=9|9|9|9|9|9|9|

Market
http://www.mmodb.com/DB/zonemaps.php?game=ddo&zone=130&click=160,376:0|{[NPC;139,123:0|{[NPC;336,216:0|{[NPC;215,97:0|{[NPC;256,97:0|{[NPC;91,234:0|{[NPC;266,304:|{[NPC;270,306:|{[NPC;221,362:|{[NPC;103,159:|{[NPC;341,195:|{[NPC;229,379:|{[NPC;214,336:|{[NPC;174,338:|{[NPC;186,243:|{[NPC;129,176:|{[NPC;217,352:|{[Object;&ics=9|9|9|9|9|9|9|9|9|9|9|9|9|9|9|9|1|

The Houses
Deneith: http://www.mmodb.com/DB/zonemaps.php?game=ddo&zone=132&click=197,164:0|{[NPC;184,162:0|{[NPC;406,66|{[NPC;&ics=9|9|9|

Jorasco: http://www.mmodb.com/DB/zonemaps.php?game=ddo&zone=133&click=271,268:0|{[NPC;187,190:0|{[NPC;482,328:0|{[NPC;109,211:0|{[NPC;410,25:0|{[NPC;310,62:|{[NPC;358,271:|{[NPC;114,190:|{[NPC;328,55|{[Object;&ics=9|9|9|9|9|9|9|9|1|

Kundarak: http://www.mmodb.com/DB/zonemaps.php?game=ddo&zone=134&click=81,213:0|{[NPC;211,189:0|{[NPC;239,334:0|{[NPC;99,201:0|{[NPC;527,24:0|{[NPC;319,81:0|{[NPC;374,69:|{[NPC;22,429|{[Object;&ics=9|9|9|9|9|9|9|1|

Phiarlan: http://www.mmodb.com/DB/zonemaps.php?game=ddo&zone=135&click=135,247:0|{[NPC;117,292:0|{[NPC;223,250:0|{[NPC;255,26:0|{[NPC;330,320:0|{[NPC;266,34:|{[NPC;213,261:|{[NPC;&ics=9|9|9|9|9|9|9|

Last edited by Jay on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://jhappy-place.canadian-forum.com
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 10:40 am

For the adventuring bard, Arynna Tolen'El, her chosen Tavern to stay in for the nights is the Leaky Dinghy; a cheap tavern that sits on stilts over top of the harbor waters. She chose it based on how often it's patrons get piss drunk and loose with their coin. Drunks are more likely to toss coins her way when she performs.

The tavern's low cost make sure she can always stay there even if she has a poor night of work.

This morning, she sits in one of the booths enjoying a morning tea with her friend, Julyn. The two are polar opposites physically. Arynna with her dark skin, long smokey black hair and voluptuous form, while Julyn is a smaller elf girl with pale skin and blonde hair, tied up in a neat pony-tail. They sit side by side, giggling quietly over their wandering conversation about their respective jobs.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 11:43 am

Everin enters the tavern as quietly as his suit of armor would allow him. Compared to the dirty and greasy plates that he wore yesterday he seems to have made his best effort in cleaning every bit meticulously before heading out to the Leaky Dinghy. He looks calmly about the place with a stern, focused gaze, looking for Arynna who he would have to pick up but is hesistant to face after the events of the night before. He walks in the direction of the counter, looking left and right and spotting Arynna talking to the small elf in front of her, however his focus remains on his companion who he steadily makes pace towards, coming to a standstill near the table with his legs solidly against each other and attempting to make his presence known with a loud "Hrhrmmm... Arynna?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 7:47 pm

"Yes? Why're you stompin' all about here like you're a guard about to arrest me?" Arynna asks with a taunting smile. Julyn and her laugh together. Arynna motions to the other bench in the booth. "Take a seat an' get something to eat, you stiff-looking Paladin." Arynna takes a sip of her tea.

Arynna turns her attention back to her little elf friend. Julyn continues with her complaining about her job. "So, I, I Just don't understand! People ask for so much out of me, demand extravagent clothings and then they expect to pay so little! The Nobles think the silly clothes they order look good... It just blows my mind!"
Arynna smiles and puts her arm around Julyn's shoulders. "I'm sure Everin knows all about that sorta' thing, why don't you ask him?"
As far as clothings go for the two women, they wear simple things. Arynna is dressed in all white-dyed leather, her outfit consisting of a low-cut corset, with generous gap that reveals her stomach, between her skirt. She wears knee-high boots. Julyn wears a more conservative set of clothes; A white long-sleeved shirt gilded cuffs and a pair of black chaps that end just below the knees. Her calfs are mostly exposed, as she wears a pair of brown leather shoes.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 12:12 pm

Everin unstraps his sheath and takes it in his left hand before seating himself at the table, his armor taking up considerable space and his sword and holding the sword and sheath straight as it stands on the floor. He sits at the table silently as Julyn and Arynna happily discuss the subject at hand before Julyn looks over at him asking "So why do you nobles always want such silly clothing that takes waaaay too long to make?".

Everin's Julyn, looking at her with raised eyebrows "Well, I... Don't think I've ever needed silly clothing but... I can tell you the more expensive it looks the more important the person, and... Well, usually most nobles don't have the amount of money to pay hard working tailors like yourself the amount it actually costs to make. Quite disgusting when you think about it... Glad I get to have a full plate armor suit." Everin says thinking as he tries to make up an explanation and smiling to himself about the last comment. "But! Arynna, there's a little thing I have to discuss with you... If you're not too busy with..." He looks back over at Julyn, hinting at the fact he's unaware who exactly she is.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 12:24 pm

"I am rather busy!" Arynna says, huffing and crossing her arms across her chest, acting like she's offended by the comment. Her small smile immediately after gives the act away. "Do you remember the woman I met and told you about yesterday? Julyn? Just before our little fun at the beach?" she asks, her goal to make him uncomfortable. She wonders why in the god's name Everin is wearing his armor to breakfast. She figures that it has to be a paladin thing. With her thoughts on clothing, she looks down at her own corset; one which does not hide her cleavage. Arynna pulls it up, twisting it a bit so it sits in a more comfortable spot.

Julyn looks at Everin with an almost sympathetic expression. "Did she take y' to the ground too?"
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Everin blushes and is resistant to look back at Julyn as he looks akwardly at Arynna who he had the pleasure to be tackled by yesterday and later during that evening in complete suprise. "I-I... Ehm..." he looks at Julyn with that same akward expression "She... Sort of did, yes..." he responds, unable to say more than that withour blushing even more than he already is. Everin seats himself normally once more, reaching out his hand to Julyn "It's a pleasure to meet, I'm Everin d'Ariad."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 12:51 pm

Julyn leans forward and takes his hand with her own, comparatively small hand. "So she did!" Julyn laughs. "Only known her for a day n' a bit, but I can say one thing... She's a bit of a slut." she says, to Arynna's giggling response. "I am not! I just don't know the meaning of the words shame or personal space." Arynna retorts, putting on her best impression of looking innocent and sweet.

"I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it, Ary. A Paladin who's only afraid of one thing; women!" Julyn laughs, poking fun at how embarassed he is.
"I think we've tortured him enough now." Arynna says with Julyn nodding in agreement. "What did you want to talk about?"
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 4:01 pm

"Well, uhm. There's this library at the harbor here in Stormreach and, well... I've heard some strange stories myself about it but just the other day I was approached in my position as Paladin to... Investigate this further. Appears there's some honestly weird things creeping in there and, by virtue of potential ambushes I would like to ask for your assistance." Everin responds to her, paying little attention to Julyn as he does so and looking sternly but hopefully at Arynna, any form of akwardness having already disappeared. "U-unless of course you had something planned with Julyn... As you do. And uhm, I'd certainly not want to... Interrupt your... Plans?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Arynna rolls her eyes with a heavy sigh. "There's a library and there are things inside of it. So do you have anything useful to tell me?" she asks, not digsuising her annoyance. The one thing she cannot stand about him, is how vague he is and hesitant he is to say anything to her. It doesn't help her assumption that he's afraid of women.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 6:12 pm

"Well it's... Basically just that. Except we don't know exactly WHAT or IF there is something inside... That's what I understood from it at least. But, things are being weird and I will NOT let that happen in a library of all places... Wouldn't want to damage any of the tomes in there. That would be a real shame." Everin seems invigorated at the thought of potentially saving a library. He looks back over at Julyn to see if she's catching any of it.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 9:35 am

"We'll go find out more about it later... I'll not cut my time with Julyn, and time to relax short." Arynna says, with arms crossed firmly against her large breasts.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 11:43 am

"Right, but... It's pretty important because whatever is in there might become too much for us to handle if we don't act quickly. Of course I hope not, but... If we get this investigated we could... Do things in the evening? Or, you could do... Whatever with Julyn. Either way, this is best done quickly!" Everin says to Arynna, looking at her hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 11:51 am

"What could possibly be so dangerous about a library here in the harbour?" Arynna asks skeptically. Before Everin can answer her, she goes on to say "No matter... Let me finish my drink then we'll go. Sorry Julyn, but I've got to do this..." she sighs.

"Oh it's no problem! I needed to get back to my shop soon anyway!" Julyn smiles. "I should probably just leave now." She stands up, and with a wave goodbye, she leaves the tavern.

Arynna fixes Everin with a serious look. "Do you honestly think I'm a whore? I know full well what y' meant by doing things in the evening. You think that's what it takes to get me to do something?" she asks, the venom in her tone undisguised.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 3:01 pm

Everin looks up at her with suprise, both at the sudden change of tone and the way she interpreted what she said. "I... Honestly didn't mean that Arynna. I really did just mean doing fun things, taking Julyn along possibly. You know, making up for the fact I'm dragging you along to a library to possibly fight whatever's in there. It's uhm... Well so far our 'fun things' have turned out weirdly... Didn't they?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 3:09 pm

"They have. But every time, you chose to come along with me on them, and I never asked you to." Arynna stands up and adjusts her belt and corset once again. "Let's just stop wasting time here" she says, refusing to yield even through the sudden feeling that she was being stupid herself.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 7:13 pm

Everin smiles and shakes his head, standing up aswell and strapping his sheath to his belt "We'll see about it, Arynna. Let us make way for the library." he says, walking to catch up with her. He makes way for the door to the tavern and opens it before Arynna can pass through. "After you" he says, making a slight bowing gesture.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 12:13 am

She acknowledges him with a roll of her eyes, walking past him.

The outside of the tavern doesn't sit on solid ground; rather it has a balcony surrounding it, and several massive wood pillars to hold it up over the harbor water. A staircase with railings extends from the balcony, down to the stone of the harbor. The boards creek unnervingly as Arynna walks down them. No matter how many times she does up and down, she will never be convinced that these stairs are entirely safe. At least if she were to fall off, or through them there would be water underneath.

Half-way down the staircase that scales the entire 20ft between the docks and the tavern's balcony, is a flat platform. Arynna stops there, leaning against the railing and looking out over the harbor.

The harbor is in it's usual early-morning bustle. Ships are arriving, and preparing to leave, so the docks are a frenzy of men loading and carrying crates to where they belong. Although the sun isn't at it's zenith, the tropical location of Stormreach means that it's already noticeably warm outside. Arynna and others like her, with their tanned skin are quite at home in Stormreach's climate. Even though she wasn't born in Stormreach, she lived in a smaller city on the coast that was close enough to it to have the same weather. Her rich darker skin comes naturally to her however, not from working on laying under the sun for relaxing. She very much enjoys the latter though.

Arynna sets her sights on the other side of the harbor. On a small piece of land, connected to the docks by wooden catwalks, stands a tall lighthouse. Because Arynna had questioned people about the locations in the harbor, she knows that the lighthouse also serves as a private library; and the only library in the harbor. She had never heard of a private library before, but after asking the person who had told her, Arynna learned that it was just another name for a library that was somebodies personal collection and that they often let other people browse, borrow and buy from it.

She couldn't begin to imagine what sort of problems would come out of a library, inside a lighthouse, in the harbor. Maybe it was Kobolds, she thinks. Kobolds seem to infest every inch of the harbor; maybe now they've gotten in to a library and all it is, is a simple job of slaughtering Kobolds. She's gotten quite good at doing that over the past few weeks in Stormreach.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 1:49 pm

Arynna and Everin hurry along the docks and catwalks leading up to the library, the fresh air of the harbor gushing past them and the tropical sun casting it's morning warmth on them. They're surrounded by the chatter and noise of the dockworkers as they go about their hard physical labour. Everyone is in high spirits from the fair weather this morning, and the company of friends

Standing tall upon a pile of crates, the Half-ling Harbor Master Zin gives the pair a quick glance, looks to the lighthouse, and then back to the pair. He gives them a small nod before returning to his tasks.

More than a few times on their short trip, Arynna is the target of approving whistles from the dockworkers. She smiles at the attention, but continues on her way.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 4:03 pm

Upon reaching the lighthouse island, they are greeted by an Elf who introduces herself as Dalsamira.

"I was told I should wait for you here" she says. "The good Harbormaster said you might be able to help me with my problem, regarding the library." Dalsamira will not say any more to the two of them before they promise to help her. The delicate nature of her problem requires them to swear they won't say a word of it.

She leads to a secondary door in to the library. "Can I trust you to do this for me?"

Arynna must think for a moment. The Elf won't tell her anything about what's going on, but she seems to be a nice enough woman. Perhaps Arynna can trust her. "Very well. I will give my word, and you can trust me." Arynna can safely assume that Everin will do it without any questioning. His desire to do good and be around books over-rules any doubts he has most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 7:03 pm

To no suprise Everin nods his head at the elf followed by a short "You have my word." and follows her quietly. He looks around waiting to see where they will be led.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 9:12 am

Dalsamira brings Everin and Arynna very close to her, so she does not have to speak up to be heard. "You must go in to the private library, and find out exactly what is going on. There have been rumors of people disappearing when they go down there... So what I will have you do, is steal a book from there. One of my books to be exact. If nothing happens, no matter. You've retrieved my stolen book, and your job is done."
Dalsamira waits to see if the pair have any questions.

"What should we do if something happens down there?" Arynna asks the obvious question. At the mention of stealing, she doesn't seem deterred from this job at all. One has to wonder if she's done any other jobs that involved breaking, entering and stealing from someone. As far as this sort of jobs go, stealing back from someone isn't as much of a crime as just stealing.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 11:12 am

"You're certain this is your book though?" Everin asks suspiciously, not at all liking the idea of breaking in and stealing tomes. "I mean, if something happens, we do need to be able to know what to do, and it doesn't bode well if we're carrying confiscated goods. Of course, if we'd find out some secret project this person has been working on we're set, but... You're not asking us because it's exactly that, are you?" he continues, somewhat suspicious at the elf's intentions and hesistant to be sneaking into a library.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 11:51 am

Dalsamira narrows her eyes. "Zin was right. You would be a problem. It is my tome, and I've told you all that I know. People are disappearing when they go in to that library. You're going to find out why it's happening and stop it. You're being used as bait, because I trust you, and Zin says you're both capable. I wouldn't have you do this if I didn't think you could handle it."
The elf woman crosses her arms and says with finality; "Steal my Tome back, find out what is happening down there and if you must, kill that bastard Fallowmir."
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 4:06 pm

Everin lifts his hand to his chin and thinks with a closed eyes and a serious look on his face. "Very well, if this is in the best of interests to the city, we'll see what we can do... No?" he says, looking at Arynna as if he's waiting for her approval.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DDo-based RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DDo-based RP   DDo-based RP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DDo-based RP
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jay's RP-zone :: Roleplay-
Jump to: