its a roleplay forum. I'm just using it for myself and friends mostly.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

An Elegy of Magic

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:22 pm

Going into a small room with three cots, Jill sits on one nearest to the window, motioning with her hand to the other two.

"You can pick either of them." she says.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:23 pm

Jesabel picks the one closest to Jill. "I don't know where to start if you wanna' know about the world..." Jesabel laughs and scratches the back of her head.
Back to top Go down
https://jhappy-place.canadian-forum.com
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:26 pm

Jill shakes her head.

"That's okay, I'm not really picky. I've never been outside of the village, so I'm just interested to know what's out there."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Jesabel taps her chin. "Oh! I've got it!"

Jesabel tells her the story of how the encountered a group of goblins. She had heard stories about how goblins behave, so she was careful around them. But they seemed nice enough. After a few days of traveling with the strange creatures and learning a bit of their language and culture, she found out that they were the cause of the problems a nearby town was having. That town had gone through a series of strange, wide-spread thefts. Multiple stores being robbed all on the same night; but only one thing was ever taken at a time. Jesabel wasn't sure what to do. The goblins were nice enough, but they seemed to have a naughty streak in them.

So, Jesabel had a plan. She'd turn the goblins over to the town; it was easy enough to capture the little creatures and tie them up. Rather than punish the goblins harshly, partly because all of the things stolen were returned, the villages leader had the goblins playful nature put to work. Herding animals. After a few days of making sure they'd cause no more trouble, Jesabel felt fine to leave the village with their new, curious civilians. Turns out, the Goblins quite enjoyed chasing around animals for the day, as long as they were fed, paid and sheltered.

"That was one that was really fun!" Jesabel giggles.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:39 pm

"Wow..." Jill begins. "I wish I could travel around, but I'm just a simple village girl with no expertise in anything other than mundane chores, so I probably wouldn't get that far." she says with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Jesabel takes her sheathe belt off, laying the weapon on her lap. "Well... I didn't have to fight anything. All I did, was make a clever plan." Jesabel smiles. "I try to solve my problems without my sword first."
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 pm

Jill looks thoughtful as she replies.

"I don't know if I ever could resort to violence, I don't think I've the heart for that sort of thing." she says.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:47 pm

"That's just fine too! You can have great adventures without hurting anyone." Jesabel puts a hand on Jill's knee. "Let me think of another one..." Jesabel keeps her hand there, deep in thought.

"Hmmm... This one isn't quite as interesting sadly."

Jesabel tells her another story; this time, about a troll.
When she was traveling, Jesabel came across a stone bridge passing over a great river. It was the only bridge around, for another two-hundred miles, so it was used by a lot of people. For some reason, she got a strange feeling about it. When she stepped on the the bridge, a great troll climbed up from underneath of it, demanding her to pay the troll toll! Jesabel was worried. Trolls are known to be violent at times, and short-tempered. But, she's also heard of them being honorable warriors, so Jesabel asked why someone so strong had to live under a bridge and steal from travelers.

The troll stopped, lowering its club and scratching the scraggly hair on it's chin. People scared of Jam'ba. I am big, strong and scary. Always run never talk, the troll said. A few towns back in a tavern, Jesabel had seen a poster. It was for a strange sort of militia that would roam the land and fight the truly evil creatures around, and keep the place safe. Jesabel thought of joining, but they didn't travel too far. Jesabel preferred to wander. But, the poster did say that the militia would take anyone, or anything that was good-hearted and strong of arm. Jesabel told Jam'ba, that she would take him to these people and maybe he could join and not have to rob people. The troll was tentative at first. Concerned that it might be a trick, but something about Jesabel convinced him that he would be safe.

When they found the band, and Jam'ba said he wanted to join, there was much arguing between it's leaders. They couldn't decide if they wanted to take the troll or not. Eventually, they put decided on a trial period. Jam'ba would join them for a time, and see if it worked out. But the catch was, Jesabel had to come too. If the troll failed, it was her responsibility again. To say it went smoothly, would be a lie. There was a lot of tension between everyone. It took the troll saving someone's life by quite literally, scaring an orc to death for people to stop being afraid of him. Ironically.

So after a few weeks with the band, Jesabel left it, and the troll Jam'ba.

After recalling it all, Jesabel corrects herself. "I forgot, that was actually better than my last story!"
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Jill tilts her head to the side, confused.

"But aren't trolls supposed to be evil?" she asks.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 11:23 pm

Jesabel shakes her head. "No... not really. They're smart creatures, and they naturally have honor in them... But they have short fuses and are prone to violence. Just think, how would you feel if people shunned you, tried to hurt you? They have no other choice but to resort to robbery and other mean things, just to survive."
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Jill's eyes trail off at this.

"I don't try to rob anyone though."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 11:37 pm

"Ofcourse not!" Jesabel laughs. "You're pretty, unlike a troll. I don't think anyone would ever shun you."
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 4:39 pm

"Oh...Right" Jill says quietly.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 4:40 pm

"Soooo~" Jesabel leans forward. "Tell me about yourself!"
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 4:53 pm

"There's not much to know about." Jill says. "I'm just a girl from a small village. I'm average at best; never been outside of the village, so I've really no idea what's out there. Due to being poor I have no education, and there's not much I'm really good at."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 4:55 pm

"Hmmm? Everyone has something they're good at. Like, is there anything you love to do?" Jesabel asks, putting her hands on her own lap.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 5:16 pm

Jill goes to reply, but before she can, her father yells from the other room.

"Go to sleep Jill, you need to work tomorrow!"

Immediately, the young girl lays her head down on her pillow.

"Sorry..." she says. "We can talk more in the morning if you'd like."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 5:17 pm

"Oh, of course!" Jesabel swings her legs up on to the cot, and lays on her back with her hands clasped together underneath her head.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 5:47 pm

[Later in the morning.]

Musical Reference:

Having woken up early and already done with her work, Jill sits by the well of the village, tired from chopping wood for her family's fire.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Jesabel sits on the wells edge, her feet swaying around. "It's been a long time since I've actually done physical work like that. Much different from walking and adventuring."
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 6:34 pm

"I'd much rather go adventuring." Jill says with a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Jesabel laughs. "If your parents are fine with it, I'd gladly take you with me!"
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Jill shakes her head. "They wouldn't let me." she says. "So I have to be content with listening to Iefan's stories."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 7:10 pm

"Stories never compared to living it." Jesabel hums in thought. "If you really, really want to go adventuring, I'm sure you could convince them."
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Jill starts to answer, but before she can, an old man starts drawing water from the well, commenting as he does so.

"While adventure is good for one's spirit, it can easily weigh heavy on the heart." he says.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Elegy of Magic   An Elegy of Magic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Elegy of Magic
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next