Jay's RP-zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

its a roleplay forum. I'm just using it for myself and friends mostly.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Home for Rogues

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admin
Jay

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 12:58 pm

INFO NONSENSE

When ever curious men or women ask of that place, those who know have only that to say. It's a home for the homeless, a home for rogues and malcontents, exiled from civilization or simply wanting to be alone.

Whatever the reason may be, people have come to the Stonebreach, namesake of the region. Surrounded on nearly all sides by high, impassable mountains. A wide break in the mountain chain grants entrance and exit through Stonebreach. It's town of Vora's Retreat is nestled in between the second break in the mountain chain, with access to the open ocean. The third, is a small passage in to a part of Stonebreach that is blanketed by a never-ending winter. To get from the entrance to Stonebreach, to Vora's retreat takes a Five-day journey along the roads.

There are a few hamlets spread about the region, but they largely keep close to Vora's Retreat. Though they enjoy the seperation and quiet from the city, settlers dare not stray too far. All manner of creatures roam the land, the price for living seperate from kingdoms and true civilization.

Vora's Retreat has recently grown in to quite the opulent little town. So far north, the ocean fish are large and plentiful, with the town's fishing fleet growing to meet the demands of it's people, and merchants from far away. And inbetween great mountains, the mining business is growing as well. Not quite as established as the fishing business, but they've already struck a few profitable veins.

Everyone who has no place in the civilized world, will have a place in Vora's Retreat. It was decided that in it's infancy, the town would be run by a council of representives, each from important parts of the city. Merchantile, hospitality, craftsmen, fisher, miners and even the small guilds as too.
MAP

A Home for Rogues ZDnIC0E

NOTABLE NPC CAST
Everyone in Stonebreach has a story to tell, some are more willing than others.

Merchant's Guild master: Atolia Brown, halfling businessman. Skilled at bartering, organization and worming his way out of bad situations.
Fishermen's Guild master: Davith Johns, ex-Captain of Waterdeep Navy. Fiercely competitive, and a fiercer bar-fighter.
Miner's Guild mistress/ Matron of Clan Stonebeard-Alerockhammer: Tannabritches Stonebeard-Alerockhammer, dwarven warrior and stone-cutter. Typically dwarfy.
Twin Heads of the Mages Guild: Dendybar and Kipperbar Ell'rolindal, identical twins. Gnome Mages, eccentric spell casters.
Adventurers Guildmaster: Artemis Volin, human warrior. A stone-cold killer and businessman in equal parts. Claimed guildmaster through single combat with the previous master.
Guard Captain: Barathrum, a particularily massive Centaur, with uncharacteristic gentleness, and a strong, if naive sense of justice.

Last edited by Jay on Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://jhappy-place.canadian-forum.com
Jay
Admin
Jay

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 1:56 pm

Arawen Argowel.

This young elf made her home in Vora's retreat after an unfortunate run-in with the law, where she was on the wrong side of it. Not believe it was a misunderstanding, she was forced to fight off the guards and escape. The journey from Valenwood to Stonebreach was a long and difficult one, but at the end of it, a young and powerful elf was welcomed in to Vora's reach with open arms. Although she had few skills to offer the industrious people, she gladly gave her sword arm to adventurous purposes. While not protecting hamlets, going on endless journeys and quelling monster populations, Arawen offers her charm and personality to the taverns, finding enjoyable work, lifting spirits of the usually dour, focused men and women. Not to be forgotten, is her skill in enchanting.

A Home for Rogues Elf_girl_by_emil_ahl-d307fvm

Last edited by Jay on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Suzy Mey

Suzy Mey

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Suzanna Mey   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Suzanna Mey is a woman who specialized in killing, and most especially killing from close range. Her reason for coming to this area, and abanonding her old life, was that her inability to shoot anything ranged killed the wrong man, and brought attention upon her. So here she is, in Vora's Retreat, ready to restart her business.

A Home for Rogues Lol___katarina__the_sinister_blade_by_faithom-d6u3ek5
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 4:02 pm

As the God above all Gods who watches it all, created it all, Ao the Overlord demands, all great adventures must begin in a tavern.

Or, any adventure if you ask the Adventurers guild of Stonebreach. Arawen picked such a tavern, busy and boisterous with men and women unwinding after a long day. She's waiting at a square table for her adventuring partner... or partners. The call for a party was open to all. She's got a few glasses of alcohol already there, assorted kinds.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:30 am

Sullivan Kendrick

A Home for Rogues Tumblr_lt6ao4uhxn1qhnep4o1_500

Sullivan grew up in an upper class merchant family where, since a young age he was taught to write, read and perform all manner of tasks related to managing a business, trading and be a shrewd trader overall. To Sullivan however, these were things he'd never be needing. Life to him was something to be excited about, not to spend labouring away at tasks everyone would have forgotten about in a 100 years' time.

Instead, he used whatever money he had saved up to buy a black coat, hat and mask and don an alter ego to make a name for himself on the streets... In secret of course. Whenever he could slip away from his obligations to the family, he would retreat to his den where he had an array of weapons stored to terrorize people passing by.

For a few years he managed. "Stand and Deliver!", "Your money or your life!" or "You face the Raven good travellers, are you prepared to weigh your life's value?" were phrases commonly on his lips. And operating in courtesy and good manners to the less difficult travellers, he would build a local legend surrounding himself, on occasion stealing not only a woman's purse, but also her heart.

Eventually, he was caught out, having been followed by his ever suspicious growing family. There was little choice he had now. He was caught. And so, brought in front of court, and to be executed the week after, so was the verdict. However, by whatever elusive means, he got out. He made way for his den, got his equipment and accompanied by his ill-gotten riches made quick way for Stonebreach.

As irresponsible as before, he uses his treasure and experience to pursue an adventurer's career. Although having learned little from his past deeds, he not only seeks out excitement out in the wilds, but also in the bedchambers of the inn. And using his natural wit and charm, finds enjoyment in talking his way out of it, although perhaps to his own detriment, his recklessness and irresponsibility goes ever unpunished. By now, he's gained the reputation as a flamboyant gambler, lover, spender and occasional player of the fiddle.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 11:53 pm

I feel like being lazy. So here's a picture!

A Home for Rogues 65bd1cbe14689443e67cc7514fe680f2

Asurall Hogorimm is a somewhat typical Half-Orc, with the same origin as most, yet a different attitude than most.
Asurall holds his head up high, proud of what he is and of himself, as he sees no reason to be ashamed, knowing full well that a man does not choose the circumstances of his own birth, or the race he will be born as.

He carries with him a pair of baselards, though he doesn't use them all that often.

Baselards:
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:05 am

"Pardon me." Asurall says to Arawen as he walks over to her table. "Do you mind if I sit here?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:10 am

Quite a task of will it took to suppress her cringe. At least it only came out as a bit of a flinch, her hoping it came across as surprise. Ugly... her inner thoughts sigh. "Not at all, if you're here for the uh. Notice. I put up."
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:20 am

"I am." Asurall replies as he pulls a chair out to sit in it. "My name is Asurall Hogorimm, rogue by trade, brawler by accident."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:23 am

"Arawen Argowal." She says with a slight pout. She sure hoped that others would show up, soon. Quickly. Anyone. "Even in this place, I can't trust someone who calls them self a rogue by trade."
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:26 am

"I see." Asurall replies, tipping his feathered hat and smiling as he does so. "Well, you don't have to worry. I'd rather not steal from the pretty ones."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 3:50 am

"Ech. That isn't that reassuring as you think it is, I'm sure." Why, why, wh~hy did it have to be another flirt, and a half-orc at that? She rubs her shoulder and looks around. The only escape she sees for now, is alcohol. She gets back to busily drinking her Elvish mead. A rather strange, experimental alcohol combining two different styles of brewing.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 4:10 am

The Half-Orc grins and gives a sly wink. "Don't be silly, of course it is. You won't find a rogue as honest as me. I'd say that you wouldn't find one as good looking as me either, but only the desperate ones ever end up with me...'Course by end up, I mean they wait until my back is turned and then they run off with my coin purse...Harlots."

As he finishes speaking, Asurall's expression becomes gloomy; almost as if dark rainclouds could gather around his eyes at any given moment.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 11:52 am

In one of the corners of the tavern Sullivan is vigorously playing the fiddle. He stands on a stool with one foot near a table, surrounded by other bar patrons. If anything, it's a catchy tune, and the people at the table tap their feet and at least attempt to sing along merrily. Although, with much in the way of showmanship he ends his tune in a final, rapid crescendo.

Sullivan is met with applause by the nearby patrons, much to his delight. He follows up by leaving the table, feeling his heart beat faster in his chest by the active performance and buys himself a drink at the bar after which he walks around the tavern to find a spot to sit, maybe distract himself with a conversation, it just didn't feel like the sort of evening to gamble.

From the corner of his eye he spots the elf sitting with the half-orc. Luckily for Sullivan, he'd met the elf previously, quite a few times in fact. A lovely character he thought, knowing just how to keep the mood up. And with that, he makes his way for the table, and on arrival putting one hand on her shoulder "Making friends, Arawen?" he says, bending over next to her while glancing briefly at Asurall.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:20 pm

She nods her head. "Trying to gather up an adventuring party... Not many people are taking the offer it seems." She sighs. Her mind lingers back to Asurall's story. His own damn fault, being stolen from like that. Trusting a woman found in a bar promising a pleasant night. "You should be counting your lucky stars, half-orc. That you weren't given something from a harlot you picked up in a bar." Her distaste is obvious. She even flashes a look at Sullivan while saying it too.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Sullivan raises a brief eyebrow at her comment followed by him shoving a chair from under the table and seating himself. "An adventuring party you said?" he asks, the delight clear in his voice. He could use the excitement. Must've been a week already since the last little job he did for the merchant guild. It paid well, but sitting around the tavern was getting on his nerves, something he'd hardly believe was even possible. So a bit of a workout would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 1:06 pm

"An adventuring party, for an adventure I have in mind. I spent quite some time in the Mages guild, borrowing books. I think I've found something... promising."
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 1:24 pm

"Mages guild, hm?" Sullivan says. Feeling thrilled about what some books from the mages guild might mean for an adventure, his smile broadens, baring his teeth and over the table he leans in. "Tell me more Arawen." he says in a much deeper, intrigued way. Consumed by the idea of adventuring, he's paying full attention to her and, at this point forgetting about the Half-Orc even sitting at the table.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 4:49 pm

"Do you know much about Goblinhome? Don't answer, I don't care. It's an above and underground sort of... Goblinkin kingdom. I've read that their king holds an unimaginable treasure of riches and artifacts!" She exclaims, but keeps it quiet so only they can hear. She wants to keep some of the secret inside just her party. Her bright eyes are sparkling, and she has an expression of innocent wonder. She's captured quite fully by the spirit of coming adventure and treasures.
Back to top Go down
Randozart

Randozart

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 5:54 pm

Sullivan nods, although it's apparent he's completely sucked in. "Treasure... Riches, artifacts..." he delightfully chuckles. "Oh Arawen, what a grand discovery, count me in!" he says with glee. He then looks around to see if they're still alone "Did it mention anything about... What's found there? Also, who else have you gotten involved?" he asked, speaking more quietly.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 8:20 pm

"Nobody else... yet. I'm waiting for people to answer my summons, anyone could have come... but very few have. But, what's found in Goblinhome is obvious. Plenty of goblins and other of their kin. And I hope, the treasure."
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am

Asurall picks up the glass in front of him and raises his eyes to the ceiling as he holds it to his lips.

"I'm right here." he says to Sullivan, his voice carrying a barely detectable hint of sarcasm.

After taking a small drink, he sets the glass down and looks to Arawen, folding his hands and placing his forearms on the table as he inquires.
"So do you have any idea where this Goblinhome is located specifically?" Asurall's curiosity had been piqued by the thought of going to a place he had never heard of.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 1:11 am

"Across the Valley to the east, slightly northward. It won't be easy to miss. I've gotten close a few times, but never entered the Goblinkin kingdom territory."
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 1:56 am

"This place sounds interesting. I've never known Goblins to form their own little kingdoms." the Half-Orc says with a look of interest. "How advanced do you think it is? Could it be like Neverwinter?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 10:25 am

Arawen shakes her head. "No, not as much as... Neverwinter, if it's anything like the other Cities I've been to. Goblinhome is just... a collection of tribes essentially. Bound by the largest tribe and a king. They go about their goblinkin business and daily life as separate tribes. Books have detailed that they come together for holy days, times of crisis or for war or raids. Speaking of... Just because you have many tribes under a single banner, doesn't mean they still don't fight amoungst each other. Goblins, Bugbears, Orcs, Hobgoblins and Kobold's. Everything you can imagine. I've heard it's a tribe of underground Bugbear's leading the bunch."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Home for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Home for Rogues
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jay's RP-zone :: Roleplay-
Jump to: