its a roleplay forum. I'm just using it for myself and friends mostly.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

The Deathwatch.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admin
Jay

The Deathwatch. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 2:36 pm

The Inquisitor speaks. "They are your target. Tau have aggressively expanded in to Imperial-owned territory. Very unlike what you may have heard, we do not wage open, constant war against the Tau. As long as they keep to their worlds, we do not bother with them. We simply don't have the resources to fight them, and everything else in this bloody galaxy." The Inquisitor sighs.
"They've taken one of our worlds. This will not stand. Hundreds of thousands of Imperial Citizens have either betrayed the God-Emperor, bless his name, or been forced in to servitude under the Tau. You will liberate those who will be liberated, and slaughter everyone else. " His voice becomes a hard-edge, bitter command. "No mercy to the traitors. Bring them the Emperor's Justice, Angels. You Fifteen will reclaim the world lost to us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jhappy-place.canadian-forum.com
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 8:09 pm

The Ravenguard gives a nod of understanding as he continues his silence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 3:36 pm

The Astartes are dismissed, having been told all that they need to know. The rest is left to them. Because they aren't in their home Chapters, their usual routines will likely be impossible. That said, Tarkimachus tries his best to keep routine up, asking his Brothers to join him. The most important thing to him over this two-week journey will be getting the Brothers to bond, and keeping them in martial readiness. He's sure he doesn't need to convince them to keep practicing their skills, but he decided to give them a push.

After a conversation with the resident Adeptus Mechanicus Secutor, the two made sure that the training drones would be able to push even an Astartes to the very limits of their physical and mental capabilities. And for practicing against or with each other, the Secutor assured him, and the others that the Training Cages would be able to replicate any form of environment.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Deceiver

The Dark Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

The Storm Warden headed towards the training cages, to brush up on his skills and loosen his muscles. While he was confident in his skills, one could never be lax in preparing themselves both physically and mentally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 12:07 pm

A couple other Astartes seem to have had the same mind-set as Cayln. The two Terminators of the Deathwatch squad, the feral red-haired Gragmar and the pale-skinned, harsh-faced Asamod wrestled in one of the cages. It's a titanic battle, both their strengths beyond their brothers, even without their Terminator armor on. The Dark Angel breaks away from a hold, and delivers a quick and savage blow to Gragmar's gut with the training gauntlet, an inert copy of a Power Fist. The two Astartes wear two of these training gauntlets.

Spitting blood and reeling from the blow, Gragmar quickly regains his footing before Asamod can press the attack. Showing suprising agility and restraint for a Wolf, Gragmar side-steps from a right jab, grabs Asamods shoulder and pushes him down. Knee meets face with a resounding whack. Asamod recovers from the strike. His nose bleeds freely. They both step back from each other, breathing hard.

In the far back of the training room, in the largest cage, a structure 1km x 1km, the three Sons of Dorn, Shrak and Tarkimachus fight through a battle simulation created by the Secutor. The Secutor stands at a control hub outside of the training cage, controlling the simulation. The constant chugging of Bolter's sound out from the cage. Plascrete structures dominate it's interior, simulating a close-quarters battleground in a hive city.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Deceiver

The Dark Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 12:35 pm

The Storm Warden, Calyn Glendwyr, made his way to the racks, and allowed his armor to be removed. Underneath it all, he wore simple leg garments. His body was covered in scars, and he had a large scar running across the bridge of his nose.

His hair was short, spiky, and black, and his ears were slightly pointed. His muscles rippled as he stretched his arms, then made his way over to one of the drones, and adopted a fighting stance, before striking at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 6:13 pm

The two terminators resume their titanic brawl with the sound of metal striking metal repeatedly, accentuated with the occasional grunt and metal striking flesh. By the end of their training session, they're both bruised all over and bleeding from many facial wounds. Gragmar straddles Asamod's prone body, his fist raised to deliver a killing blow. The Dark Angel taps out. "Victory is yours, Wolf." He says through blood. Gragmar stands up, helping his Brother to stand as a gesture of good will. They embrace each other before leaving the cage.

As they wipe the sweat from their bodies, the wounds they suffered already closing over and healing, they watch Calyn's technique in the training cage. Bellimo enters the room, eying around for someone to spar against.

Tarkimachus, Faltid, Kersh and Alejo's trial against the Secutors battle simulation rages on. The sound of bolter fire and las-shots fill the training cages, over-powering the ring of metal against metal.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 9:35 pm

The Ravenguard scout watches his comrades train for a bit before asking.

"Is there somewhere I can train with my sword?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Asamod motions towards a rack, filled with all sorts of training weapons. "Chose a cage, brother. If you wish, I shall train with you."
Back to top Go down
The Dark Deceiver

The Dark Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Calyn's fist lashes out in a sharp right hook, crashing into the drone, loudly. It spins, and one of its bladed arms positioned near the bottom swing at his legs.

He leaps into the air, avoiding it, but as he lands, another bladed arm swings towards his head. He brings his arm up quickly, and the blade digs into his forearm, stopping the drone's motion.

Calyn grabs the blade and pulls it out of his skin, and takes a brief pause to examine the wound, before shrugging and stepping away from the drone.

He makes his way towards the racks where his armor is, and wipes the sweat away with his arm, then sits down to observe the Raven Guard's training, interested in seeing his technique.

(This is all assuming that A. They have a training drone big enough for Calyn, B. They spin, similar to some Wing Chu training dummies, C. They have bladed limbs, and D. Storm Wardens aren't entirely familiar with Raven Guards' fighting styles. Many assumptions have been made, and I think I did quite good with winging this post.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 10:41 pm

Pulling a training sword from the weapon rack, the scout swings it a few times so as to feel it's weight before testing it's balance.
When he is satisfied that it suits him, he replies to Asamod.

"Only if you wish to train with me, brother." he says. "I won't ask you to do something you don't want to."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Asamod grunts, and takes a two-handed maul from the rack. The only difference between the training weapons, and their real counterparts, is the lack of a power cell to generate a killing field around the weapon, and that they aren't as sharp. But still sharp enough to cut through Astartes skin. The Maul Asamod chose has a heavy ball as it's head, and four blunt rings around it.

He enters an empty cage.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 7:46 am

Following Asamod into the cage, the scout smiles.

"Are you sure you want to use a maul, brother?" he asks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 10:12 pm

The pale-skinned Astartes stares at him from across the cage. He's adopted a low stance, a perfect mix of offense and defense. He's already started flooding his bloodstream with a mix of combat chemicals, a lethal cocktail to any but those with the Astartes physiology. He feels his aggression rising, muscles increasing in power and reflexes sharpening.

He throws himself at the Ravenguard with a furious charge, his mace swinging wide. Though seemingly haphazard, Asamod can easily change his grip and immediatly go on the defensive if need be.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 9:34 pm

The scout takes a quick pace backward and holds his sword slightly above his head, assuming a defensive stance.

Stance:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 1:52 am

When the scout steps backwards, Asamod simply extends his reach further. The scout didn't back up far enough. And takes a punishing blow to his side. He can feel a few ribs break from the blow. To an Astartes physiology, a minor injury. As soon as the blow fully connects, Asamod is already rearing his arms back and launching in to another strike.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 2:10 am

The scout quickly raises his sword in a parry, planting his feet firmly against the ground so as to stabilize himself.
His blade comes into contact with the mace and he attempts to push it aside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 1:09 pm

Asamod switches his grip again mid-swing. His mace arcs in at the Scouts left-side, a blow which was easily turned aside by the parry. The scouts right side how-ever, was severely unguarded, a mistake that Asamod intends to punish with a hammer-like strike with his bare fist.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:33 am

As Asamod's fist collides with the scout's side, he is sent reeling sideways, swinging his sword as he does so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 4:39 am

Asamod stops the sword from biting too far in to the flesh of his upper arm, pushing the blade away with the haft of his mace with a grunt in disapproval.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 1:27 am

As the blade is pushed away, the scout slides forward, grips his sword with two hands and thrusts the pommel of his sword forward at Asamod's face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 1:35 am

Asamod takes the blow full on, reeling back for a short second, before snapping back up completely straight. He spits a ball of fluid, mainly blood mixed with enough acid from the Betchers Gland to be irritating, at the scouts eyes. He lashes out with a kick to Sebastian's already wounded ribcage, on the left side.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 1:54 am

As the liquid meets the scout's eyes and the kick meets his ribs, he grabs his side with his left hand and tries to wipe his eyes with his arm whilst holding his sword in a way so that he can protect himself somewhat.
The blow from the kick however makes the scout go to his knees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 11:55 pm

The heavy head of the mace is placed atop Sebastian's shoulder. "Yield." The word comes out as not a request or even a demand. Asamod sees that he's won, and the only choice is to give up.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 12:59 am

"Very well, brother. I yield." the scout says.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Deathwatch.   The Deathwatch. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Deathwatch.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jay's RP-zone :: Roleplay-
Jump to: