Jay's RP-zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

its a roleplay forum. I'm just using it for myself and friends mostly.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To start the discussion (character ideas)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admin
Jay

To start the discussion (character ideas) Empty
PostSubject: To start the discussion (character ideas)   To start the discussion (character ideas) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 3:24 pm

I'm assuming that most of the new people who will probably be joining my little site, will be here for the roleplay that NinetailedTrickster (Leodin) is setting up.

So, I might as well start off the discussion of character ideas, or anything else that people want to talk or ask about in relation to NinetailedTrickster's (Leodin) roleplay.

The goal of this thread is rather flexible;

- To receive feedback from your fellow players on your character. This can help to create a cohesive roleplaying party. Conflict between characters is a good thing, but it has to be used in moderation. A toxic group is not a fun group to play in.

- If you so desire, write a back story that ties two characters together as friends, enemies or whatever you want. Having a party that is all strangers to each other is difficult to start with. There's usually an awkward phase where they don't get along, or they just havent developed a friendship or comradery yet.

- If you don't have much of an idea for a character yet, or would like ideas, ask for them.

- Ask myself or Leodin about specific questions pertaining to the roleplay world's lore. You're better off asking NinetailedTrickster about those things.
Back to top Go down
https://jhappy-place.canadian-forum.com
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: To start the discussion (character ideas)   To start the discussion (character ideas) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 3:39 pm

So, because I have little or next to no life, my character sheet is nearly done. I've purposefully left quite a few things open in it, to allow for some growth of character.

This isnt the character sheet, just a rough overview of the character for you to get an idea, before the actual thing is posted.

I've made an Elvish paladin named Gwynavr Merialeth.
She was born to an upperclass family, that wasn't quite nobility, but they had wealth and respect attached to their name. She was rash and childish, as expected of a young elf. When she was told that she would be entering an arranged marriage, she ran off and joined the church, to avoid marriage. The church of the Lambent disallows its clerics to marry anyone else who is not a cleric or member of the church.

She happily went along with it's duties and traditions, because in her heart, like many people, she believes that the way of the Lambent god is the correct path.

As she matured in the church, she grew to exemplify the ideals they try to possess. Even if it was in her own, protective, and sometimes heavy handed manner.

Gwynavr would eventually go through a near-death experience, and lose someone very close to her. In her time of great need, the Lambent came to her and granted her the power's of a Paladin. She's not entirely sure why she was chosen. Was it random? Was it reward for service? Power unlocked by understanding the pain of lose?

Whatever the case may be, coping with her new station was a difficult trial. The members of the church treated her differently, more strictly. As a champion of god, she had to live up to great expectations.

____

I'm certain that most people who live in the main city where the roleplay takes place, Kalkulis, would have heard about a champion of the Lambent god. If anyone would like their character to know her more personally perhaps, it's open to discussion.

And, as she is still open to growth, if anyone has ideas for the character, I'd love to hear them.
Back to top Go down
Rockinmaster96

PostSubject: Re: To start the discussion (character ideas)   To start the discussion (character ideas) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:55 pm

Sorry im late
I intend to join said RP
Im juggling character ideas now
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: To start the discussion (character ideas)   To start the discussion (character ideas) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:21 pm

I originally made this thread, in expectation of a bunch of people Leo invited from Roblox but uh. Nobody came.

But, welcome anyway. None of the RP's are too far along where it would be hard to join. Which do you plan to join? Gundarion (Leo's sci-fi fantasy) Elegy of Magic (Leo's fantasy), or DDo-based RP (my fantasy, dnd-esque RP) or finally, Deathwatch (My Sci-fi power-fantasy RP, set in the Warhammer 40k universe)
Back to top Go down
Rockinmaster96

PostSubject: Re: To start the discussion (character ideas)   To start the discussion (character ideas) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Probably all four
Im in a situation where i cant RP frequently and posting isnt fast here so i wont get left behind easily

I just have to get around to making my CSes for em all :/
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: To start the discussion (character ideas)   To start the discussion (character ideas) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 10:20 pm

OK, that's fine. Though it is a bit irritating for me, yes, the threads run slowly.

If you have some ideas and you'd like an outside opinion, feel free to post them here. The first three roleplays are rather open-ended in letting you be what you want to be...

Deathwatch on the other hand, is very limited, and I am aware of the fact. If you don't know about Warhammer 40k beforehand, and more specifically, about what the Deathwatch is, it can be a hard RP to get in to.
You're limited to a few types of characters. Space Marines, the post-human supersoldiers who make up the actual Deathwatch. Or, members of the Imperial Inquisition, or people tied to them in service. That is, for example, tech-priests or Officio Assassinorum (assassins durr >_>)

Feel free to ask any question you would like, as well.
Back to top Go down
Rockinmaster96

PostSubject: Re: To start the discussion (character ideas)   To start the discussion (character ideas) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:09 am

Well i can try to speed some stuff up

But its up to other people in a thread still
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To start the discussion (character ideas)   To start the discussion (character ideas) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To start the discussion (character ideas)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jay's RP-zone :: General Chit-chat-
Jump to: