its a roleplay forum. I'm just using it for myself and friends mostly.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

A Home for Rogues

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

A Home for Rogues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:30 pm

Leaning back in his chair, Asurall scratches his chin as he processes the information.
"What about the surrounding area? Anywhere that could be used as decent hiding spots or spying points?" he asks as he picks up his drink again. "Rocky outcrops or that sort of thing?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:33 pm

"It takes up a very wide area of land... And most of the kingdom is underground too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jhappy-place.canadian-forum.com
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:39 pm

"I see...And that's as far as you've gotten?" the Half-Orc asks, in a somewhat concerned tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Dark Deceiver

The Dark Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:53 pm

Character Name: Jörmungandr (pronounced Your-Mun-Gund. R is silent.)

Jörmungandr stands at an impressive eight feet tall, even slightly hunched over. Jörmungandr loves food, and eats a lot, as well as will eat anything. He has no shame with what he does, and has a wild and free spirit. He loathes being caged or indoors, and prefers to sleep outside, where he can feel the wind, the ground beneath his feet, and can easily take off in flight if necessary.

In battle, Jörmungandr is a terrifying sight to behold, both to his companions, neutral parties, and to his enemies. He fights with his teeth, claws, and tail, lashing out instantly and tear his opponent to pieces, often devouring them afterwards.

He possess a great amount of strength and can easily lift tremendously heavy objects with little difficulty. He is also capable of reaching incredible speeds while in the air.

Visuals:

Jörmungandr Visual:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Dark Deceiver

The Dark Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 12:02 am

There's a sudden murmuring near the front of the tavern as people begin to hastily clear the way. The reason for this soon become apparent, as Jörmungandr enters, shaking his head to clear the doors. He's currently walking quadrupedal, so as to fit into the tavern.

He looks around a bit, before speaking; "I am here to answer the summons for an adventuring party." His voice is deep, but clear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:12 pm

Arawen had intended to answer the question, but the appearance of a dragon... creature had killed the words in her throat. "Ah uhm. No." Is all she says to the half-orc. Against her, likely, better judgement she waves her small hand at the creature. If the dragon-creature inquired to the other tavern patrons, they'd likely tell it our of fear anyways. Might as well cut out the middle-man. "O-over here!" she calls out.

Another intrested party had been looking for, and already found, the Elf who'd been seeking adventure as well. A halfling, barefooted but otherwise dressed in fine clothes, too fine for such a tavern was watching and listening. Sharp ears for things that catch his attention, he would tell others.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Deceiver

The Dark Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:39 pm

Jörmungandr heads towards the three already settled there, and bows his head in greeting, careful not to impale anyone with his horns.

"I am Jörmungandr. I have received your summons to adventure, and have come to answer the call."

He settles down next to them, careful to keep his spiked tail from hitting anyone, instead wrapping it around his legs as he settles into a pseudo sitting position. Even hunched over, he makes for an intimidating figure, sitting a good head and shoulder above the half-orc who he sat next to.

"If you do not mind my asking, what exactly are we adventuring for?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:43 pm

"I've uh, learned about a treasure deep inside Goblinhome, a hoard collected by their king. If the books are anything to go by, it's more than just gold and trinkets." It was a little awkward to re-tell the purpose of the adventure for her. She wasn't expecting anyone else to join.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Deceiver

The Dark Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:46 pm

Jörmungandr growls. "Goblins. I despise those wretched little creatures. I will be pleased to accompany you if only to be able to slay them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:50 pm

Arawen had little issue cutting down goblinkin, but not with the same blatant hatred. "It won't be just goblins... there's all sorts of goblins. You know, all the different kinds. The king is a Hobgoblin after all. Though... I'm a bit worried about your size, in the underground tunnels."
Back to top Go down
The Dark Deceiver

The Dark Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:02 pm

"I am sure I will manage. If not, I will make room for myself." he says with confidence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:11 pm

Arawen nods slowy. "Right well uhm. Lets hope you don't need to. Drawing all attention to us in a veritable kingdom of goblinkin would be... bad. At the very least."
Back to top Go down
The Dark Deceiver

The Dark Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 11:06 pm

Jörmungandr nods in agreement, then turns and notices the Half-Orc and Human for the first time, and gives them a nod of greeting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 2:51 am

Asurall nods in acknowledgement of the creature before him, though the Half-Orc is somewhat disturbed by him.
He hadn't seen anything like it before.

Giving a small cough, the Half-Orc turns to Arawen and asks the one question that was burning at the back of his mind.

"So, uh...When do you intend for us to leave?" he inquires.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 8:24 pm

"Well... Two days from now. Everyone's got to bring their own supplies, just in case. I'll be bringing along a bit extra and supplying horses for everyone." She stresses the last word, looking at Jormugandr, asking without words if he needs a horse.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Deceiver

The Dark Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 8:27 pm

He shakes his head at her unspoken question, rustling his wings as an answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 10:56 pm

"That will give me more than enough time to prepare." Asurall says with a bright smile. "Is there anything else we should know?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:05 pm

Arawen shakes her head. "No... that's it really."

Off to the side, it seems like a few of the bar patrons are starting a brawl... and anyone nearby they catch vision of is dragged in to it. Arawen hopes the fight blows over quick enough... but gives up that hope when a body is thrown at their table, crashing it to the ground. Arawen jumps away quick enough. The man groans on the broken table on the floor in pain, and passes out. The fight seems to have taken up the whole tavern.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:21 pm

Asurall stares forlornly at his spilled beverage before he looks mournfully over to Arawen. "They spilled my drink." he says as he decides to try and distance himself from the fight. "Should we leave?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:30 pm

The fighting has spilled over to even infront of the door. No going through without forcing their way out. "I uhm, oh gosh, I just don't know." She says, a bit confused and lost in the chaos of a tavern brawl. A drunk patron decided the little elf was part of the fight, and came at her. Rather than fight the man, Arawen sidesteps a charging punch, and pushes the man at someone who will give better sport. Jormugandr. The only spot not filled with riotous fighting and brawling, is the Halfling's alcove. He alone looks perfectly calm, reclining in his seat, one little leg crossed over another, holding his hands behind his head.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Deceiver

The Dark Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:56 pm

The man crashes into Jörmungandr, his fist still raised hitting the beast squarely in the jaw. He slowly turns his head and stares right into the man's eyes.

Seconds later Jörmungandr is standing at his full height, the hapless man raised high over his head, and ROARS.

The rafters shake, glasses are broken, and the man is seen flying across the room into the thick of the fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 12:19 am

Asurall looks around, remarking to Arawen a little hurriedly as he ducks down slightly, trying to make himself as small of a target as possible. "Do you think we could reach a window? I mean if we can get it open we could crawl through, right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 12:29 am

Just then, Arawen is forced to grapple with a drunk man, the little elf although strong and skilled with a blade, couldn't match up to drunken strength of a miner for too long. "W-we should focus on... on just not getting beat up for now, right?" She says in a bit of a panic.

There's another creaking sound, after Jormugandr's display that had many heads look towards him, but quickly back to their own fights. A tall man, heavily muscled and shirtless with tattoo's on his chest, wild blond hair and a furious visage. He's standing in front of the Halfling's alcove, apparently been staying out of sight there, until now. The creaking was from the weight he's holding above his head, the floorboards groaning in protest to the massive man holding up a three-hundred or so pound slob of a man. Three hundred pounds of drunken, fat weight. His muscles tighten, veins bulge and he screams out to his god "TEEEMPUS!" And he throws the fat man at a wall. His weight breaks through the relatively flimsy wooden walls. One half of him is outside of the tavern, the lower half still inside. Body embedded in the waall.

The halfling quite enjoyed the little show, patting his companion on the back and laughing. He nods at the Elf and her little group in trouble, engaged with a group of drunkards now. The giant man stalks off towards them.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 12:46 am

Asurall sighs and picks up a chair, knowing that it can't be avoided and that somehow he's going to end up on the floor sooner or later anyway.
The Half-Orc smashes the chair over the head of the drunken man who was grappling with Arawen. Making a mental note of things to say to him if he managed to shake it off. "I was hoping you'd fall down! ...Really, that's the first excuse that comes to mind?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Home for Rogues   A Home for Rogues - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Home for Rogues
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2