Jay's RP-zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

its a roleplay forum. I'm just using it for myself and friends mostly.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fantasy Gaiden

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admin
Jay

Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 10:54 pm

Aurelia doesn't even need to look back. "No." She does however, look back to see what Lumina is talking about. "Are you worried about it?"
Back to top Go down
https://jhappy-place.canadian-forum.com
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 11:03 pm

"To be quite honest, no." Lumina says. "After seeing you deal with that serpent, I've no doubt that you're capable of dealing with it should trouble arise." She pauses after saying this, though she continues after a moment or two. "Though I am curious as to who she is."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 11:12 pm

"Then you 'ought to go introduce yourself." Aurelia would rather get to their goal, than bother with someone following them.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 11:19 pm

"I'd rather stay with the group." Lumina replies. "Safety in numbers and all of that."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 11:58 pm

Aurelia gives a frustrated sigh and a roll of her eyes. "Then why did you need to say anything? If you had planned to leave the follower alone..." She trails off, letting Lumina figure out the rest for herself.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Deceiver

The Dark Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Jörmungandr gives a slight cough, as though reminding them that he's there.

"If you wish, I could deal with them myself, and make sure they stop following us."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 1:01 am

Aurelia gives a defeated sigh. "If the both of you are so vexed by our shadow, then we'll deal with it." She turns about, walking past her companions. In her commanding voice she says "Halt!" Raising up her hand.

The drow ignores Aurelia's command, but raises up her hand in a similar fashion and waves. She gives a bright smile in stark contrast to her grey-blue skin. "Hell-o friends! Where do we adventure to this fine evening?" The drow Bella looks none concerned about the band she approaches, or their destination looming in the distance.

"You were aboard our ship, or the slavers?" Aurelia asks, and continuing on without allowing for a response. "We're headed to that house to see what's about it."
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 2:19 am

Lumina is taken aback, she blinks for a moment before replying to the Dark Elf. "Wait, who are you again?" she asks in confusion.
The cheerful and unconcerned manner with which the Dark Elf carries herself surprises Lumina, as they had never met before and yet she didn't seem to be showing any sign of caution.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 2:22 am

"I'm Bella. Hadn't introduced myself yet... Spent the trip trying to sleep of a bad hangover."
She looks up at the building far away. "What do ya' think is in there?"
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 2:42 am

"Hopefully someone that knows where we are." Lumina says as she holds up her Holy Symbol, it's light shining forward through the fog.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 2:45 am

"There's likely nothing in there." Aurelia says after examining the area around the house, rather than the building itself. She leads the way there anyways.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 3:00 am

As the group draws nearer to the building, the sand slowly gives way to grass, making it easier to traverse.
Once close enough to make out the entire obstruction, it takes only a glance of the crumbling rubble to see that only a scholar could find any use of this place.

The ruins look as if they were some sort of fortress before they were lost to the ages. Their crumbling stonework covered in moss, vines and other such vegetation.
The lonely ruins make the quiet night seem somewhat eerie.
Need visual reference?:

Not far from the ruins themselves is a small cave, almost hidden away by vines and grass that grow over the entrance, making it look like a simple hill.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Deceiver

The Dark Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 7:26 am

Jörmungandr stares at the ruins, then looks back at the girls, and addresses them;

"If you wish, I could take to the air, and survey the land around us. I do not like this place. An enemy could conceal themselves easily, and pick us off were we to enter that cave over there, if we do indeed intend on entering it."

Last edited by The Dark Deceiver on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Jormungandr's glare is returned with a rather threatening smile. When she wishes, Bella can smile without her eyes for an unnerving effect.

"Could we not simply go through the front door?" Aurelia disregards the cave entrance, for now.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:07 pm

"We might as well." Lumina replies. "At the very least, it's shelter away from the sea."

Shining her light through the doorway, she cautiously looks inside before stepping through the threshold.
Looking about, Lumina wonders at the building.
"It's so surreal to be standing in ruins. It kind of makes me wonder what sort of events transpired here in the past." she says.

The room itself is square in shape, though one of its walls had fallen outwards long ago.
The stone floor has many cracks that moss and grass grow out of, while most of the rubble on the floor had come from parts of the ceiling crumbling.
The beams holding the ceiling in place, look like they are in good enough condition to support the weight of the second floor for a few more years, despite the age.

On the right side of the room, it looks like there used to be a door that lead into what one could only assume was either another room, or a hallway; though both the door and whatever had been beyond it were forever lost to the sands of time.
Across from the building's entrance is a short flight of spiral stairs that leads to the second floor; which can easily be seen from the entrance anyway through the holes in the ceiling.
Strangely enough, there is still furnishing in the building, and all of it is not only still in good condition, but it all looks like it belonged to nobility as well.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:30 pm

Aurelia makes for the door on the right. Rather than get caught up in sight-seeing, Aurelia hurries to sweep the place, making sure that there's nobody else in here.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:56 pm

Through the door, there is nothing but a rather large spherical stone slab that sits on the ground.
The stone itself is covered in runes and markings, and unlike the building, it doesn't seem to have any cracks or chips in it at all.

Lumina leans out of a window slit and calls out to Aurelia from the second floor as quietly as she can. "It's clear up here."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Aurelia nods. She approaches the tablet, laying an armored hand on it.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:56 pm

At this point, the Half-Orc begins to stir.
Letting out a groan and rubbing his head, he opens his amber colored eyes and is greeted by the sight of Jörmungandr.

Letting out a cry of surprise, the Half-Orc's arm shoots forward and strikes Jörmungandr under the chin while his other arm pushes away from him.
The Half-Orc's bare back hits the stone floor, forcing his breath from his lungs as he does so.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Deceiver

The Dark Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:11 pm

Hitting Jörmungandr felt like hitting a stone wall, and had the same effect. Nothing. Jörmungandr just kind of rubs his jaw curiously, and stares at the Half-Orc.

"Is that how you thank everyone who saves your life?" he asks bluntly.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:25 pm

Lumina runs down the stairs as quickly and carefully as she can. "It's alright!" she says to the Half-orc as in her most reassuring tone. "It's alright, you're safe and among friends!"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Bella rubs her chin. "You can't be so sure of that. Not right now, atleast." She laughs.

In the other room, Aurelia lets magic build up in her gauntlet, in contact with the runed tablet. Her thinking is that it might jump-start whatever the thing is... or not. It could also just be a piece of carved stone.
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:58 pm

The Half-Orc tries to calm down, letting his breathing return to normal as Lumina puts a gentle hand on his shoulder.
"Then allow me to rephrase that." she says. "You are safe and among acquaintances who won't hurt you."

-----

As soon as the gauntlet comes into contact with the stone, the runes light up with a bright purple light and a strange humming emanates from them.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 12:18 am

Aurelia takes her hand away from it. It reacts to magic power, but that's all she knows. She feels no different, and it's not throwing spells at her, so it isn't a trap...
Back to top Go down
NineTailedTrickster

NineTailedTrickster

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 12:52 am

Sitting the Half-Orc up, Lumina ensures he isn't hurt too badly.

"Can you tell me your name?" she asks.

Using his left arm to prop himself up, the Half-Orc nods his head as he replies. "Goredim"

-----

The humming sound rises to a higher pitch, and the purple light travels in an arc until it forms a perfect circle.
A few rocks and bits of rubble that had been resting on the stone begin to glow as well.

After a few seconds of this, they suddenly rise up into the air, turn into orbs of purple light and shoot off into the night sky like a falling star.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Gaiden   Fantasy Gaiden - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Gaiden
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next